Thursday 21 November 2013

Summer Project - Paisley Animals

I have come across many inspirations over the summer – I have particularly taken an interest in the paisley pattern after coming across an image on the internet of a rabbit with a paisley influence. This has led me to start a project based on the paisley pattern incorporating it into drawings of animals.

This is the image I found on the internet which really inspired me. I was intrigued as to how the shape of the rabbit was formed of the paisley pattern.
After finding this image of the rabbit I wanted to look what other things people have done incorporating paisley and animals so I did a simple Google search and found some really intricate and stunning designs.They aren't as such paisley but it is intricate pattern put into the shape of the animal.




I have made a start on 2 of my own designs already, one being a cat’s face and also my own take on a paisley inspired rabbit, I drew these out then went over the top with fine liner to allow it to be scanned into the computer better. Then using Photoshop I have edited the drawings adding colour, bold outline etc.



I am pleased with how they came out once I had edited them and coloured them in on Photoshop. I would really like to do some emulsion prints of the edited drawings onto canvas. I tried this at home but unfortunately it did not work, I’m not sure if I didn’t leave it long enough to dry or I just did the process wrong so I hope to retry this when I go back to college. I would like to incorporate mixed media into this project as much as I can. I hope to incorporate my artistic skills into this project by possibly making prints, sketches and paintings of the paisley animals. I also hope to create canvases and textile prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment