Thursday 28 November 2013

28/11/13

Tutorial

Had a tutorial with lance this morning, there was a lot I wanted to talk about and I had a lot on my mind to get out because I was starting to get bogged down with it all. We started off talking about my 3rd year options, I said how De Montfort and Nottingham Trent may not accept me at 3rd year and I didn't really want to go Derby so I didn't know what to do. Lance said how different uni's are different and have different intake procedures. As we went further into the conversation it dawned on me that maybe Derby is the option, its on more year then i'll have a degree which will be more valuable to me in the future when it comes to job hunting. However he did tell me that the 3rd year may go ahead at Burton so if that's the case i'll have until March to apply so I will have to see what happens.

Next I wanted to talk about absences, lately I'd had a few afternoons/mornings/days off due to family commitments and I need more time off next week so I was concerned about having time off and wanted to see if Lance was concerned about it. We spoke about the reasons behind it and the circumstances and he reassured me that it was ok as he knows that I will produce the work and he just wanted to make sure I was coping ok with everything and not getting behind.

There were a few small things we talked about such as I told him that marketing still haven't contacted me and he said as far as he's concerned I've done my part so I just need to keep pestering them to get in touch. We also briefly touched on the design duel, new blood pitch and grades and a few other pieces of work.

YCN

I decided to start and look at competition briefs today, I found one I really liked the look of on the YCN student awards. It was a brief for a company/brand called bear. I downloaded the full brief and pack with all of the relevant information. There were some past examples of the sort of work they were looking for. Straight away I was flooded with ideas and got them straight onto paper and told Lance about my ideas, he said that I had good concept and then I started to go through making some lettering for my designs, I made my own alphabet out of the product which was lettered cereal.




I am very pleased with the way the alphabet turned out, i'm looking forward to developing my idea further, however I have until March for this so it might take a back burner until my other work has been handed in.

Overall today I have been very productive, at the start of the day I was not feeling the best but I felt reassured after my tutorial and I know what I need to do and what needs completing etc. I have sent off my Norwich film festival posters as the deadline was Sunday so I look forward to hearing from that if I get selected. I have also tried to chase up marketing about the Cinderella poster by emailing Jade. I made adaptions to the arts market poster and flyer and I have acquired details of the course leader at Derby uni for Graphic Design so overall it has been a productive day and I'm pleased with my progress at this stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment