Wednesday 27 November 2013

3rd Year University Choices

Getting really wound up about starting my UCAS application for 3rd year choices. I am unsure about where to go now as most of what I hear about Derby isn't great - Derby was my first option but now its becoming a no go however they seem to be the only uni out of my options that will take me at 3rd year. Went to De Montfort open day and they basically said I'll have to apply for first year then in interview state I want to go in at 2nd or 3rd year but they cannot guarantee, it will go on interview and portfolio so I could end up having to do all 3 years! I am not paying for 3 more years when i've done most of the content in my 2 years of this foundation degree. Nottingham Trent was not one of my options but I decided I needed to have a look as De Montfort and Derby were going out of the window, I actually got the chance to talk to someone who is studying graphic design at Notts Trent in her first year - the prospects sounded good and good employment rates by the end of the course - she also showed me a few pieces of her work, she really recommended the course. So I decided to look if they have an open day up and coming which they do, its the 4th December which is next week but it will mean that I will miss another day of uni, I don't want to keep having all this time off so I might not go. I contacted the course administrator saying I may not be able to make the open day so could I have some more info or go in on another day but I cannot go another day and they said I can only apply at 2nd year so I think I may have to go to the open day so I can actually speak to the tutors of the course and see what they say about entry level.

Its starting to concern me that as I want to stay local my only option might be Derby for 3rd year - I don't know what to do! I don't think college are going to set up doing 3rd year on time for the UCAS deadline which is a shame as it would have been so ideal for me to do it at college and it was ideal for may others too so i'm a little disappointed that we have been told it may happen but then nothing has actually happened. Looks like i'm stuffed, i'm in a right pickle.

Do I take a year out and get a job or 3rd year? 3rd year is so valuable but seems closer to home isnt going to work for me. I may have to seek further afield to do my final year.

No comments:

Post a Comment